Friday, January 23, 2009

Friday Judging - continued

Wow. Just... wow.

Almost done with judging for today... so far no huge issues aside from the buffalo that burst through the door and tore the place up.......

Kirby Nelson from Capital Brewery gave a talk over lunch... if I had to sum it up in one word: awesome. In my (humble) opinion, Capital makes some very solid beers, which he brought many of. He also brought an "Imperial Dopplebock" that is soon to hit the shelves... of which we got a sample. From what I took of the description, it is an oak aged dopplebock with amber sugar used in the boil... but don't take my word for it. You can take my word for this... it was DELICIOUS!

Judging is going swimmingly and we're flying through judging sessions like mad... these people are machines! One of the stewards brought by some homemade sake which is, in my humble opinion, really good. Boozy, yet fruity and delicious. One of the cellar minions has donated his growlers of Rock Bottom beer to be drunk by those who are worthy. Their Amarillo IPA is absolutely delicious... and I am waiting till the Smoked Porter gets opened. Mmmm.... Smoked Porter.

Well I gotta go "work".... or at least... delegate work for those under me.

It's good to be the king.

Will update later with updates if we have them... or at least... if we're sober enough. Trust me... you do -not- want us blogging drunk...

Cheers for now!

Eric - cellarmaster

No comments:

Post a Comment